- What weather do you fish in?
Generally waves 2 feet or less and NEVER in a thunderstorm.
- Do I need to bring my own gear?
All fishing tackle and bait included for all anglers. For a suggested packing list, please see the Trip Planner page.
- Do you provide meals or should guests bring their own?
Guests should plan on bringing their own meals, snacks, and beverages. More information on what I provide for charter guests can also be found on the Trip Planner page.
- Is alcohol allowed on the boat?
Beer is okay. NO hard liquor. Please drink responsibly!
- How much instruction do guests receive?
A mandatory safety briefing is given in addition to how to operate fishing reels.
- Do guests need to get their own fishing licenses?
Yes, for anyone 16 years or older. You can find more information regarding NYS fishing license and how to purchase one online on the NYS Fishing License Information page.
- Can we keep the fish we catch?
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- What if I get seasick?
Captain will evaluate on case by case basis. But prevention is best by taking motion sickness medication ahead of time.
- Do you require a deposit when booking?
Charter guests are required to make a $100 deposit to hold their booking date.
- What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations by the Captain due to bad weather will result in a rescheduled date or full refund of your deposit. I offer full refunds if a trip is cancelled within 30 days and 50% refunds to those who cancel a trip within 24 hours.
- What are “Free Fishing Days / Weekends”?
Free Fishing Days / Weekends” are days designated by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation on which fishers are not required to have a license to fresh water fish.